|COCONUT | THENGAI (SCRAPPED)||1 CUP|
|URAD DAL||1/4 CUP|
- In a pan add oil and add in the urad dal and roast it till it becomes golden brown.
- Be careful not to get it burnt.
- Transfer it to a plate when done. Add in the red chillies and nicely roast them.
- Dry roast the scrapped coconut till it gets evenly golden brown color.
- Keep it aside and switch off the flame and saute the salt and asafoetida in the same pan for few seconds.
- Allow everything to cool and grind it into a fine powder.
- Let this cool and store this in a clean dry airtight container.
- Mix with hot rice along with ghee or sesame oil. A simple sutta applam (fire roasted papad) will be a great combo for this. Note:
- Always roast the dal and coconut nicely. Else it will not stay fresh longer.
- This can be kept in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Always clean dry spoon to take the podi.
- My mil makes the same with channa dal instead of urad dal.