Badam burfi is an easy and quick diwali sweet recipe which my mother in law generally makes for diwali , but she makes it out of cashew nuts. Burfi is a compulsory one which they make at home for Diwali. As i have already posted KAJU KATLI recipe i wanted to try out burfi with badam | almonds. Bookmark this badam burfi recipe to try out for Diwali 2013 which falls on Nov 2 .
Check out my Full collection of diwali recipes too.
MAKES: 10-12 BURFIS. PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES. COOKING TIME:20 MINUTES
|BADAM | ALMONDS||1/2 CUP|
|MILK||1/4 CUP +2 TBLSP|
|CARDAMOM POWDER||A PINCH(OPTIONAL)|
Video of badam burfi
- Soak the badam | almonds in very hot water for 20 minutes.
- Take out the skin and grind it into a smooth paste. Add the milk for grinding.You can use the raw milk or the boiled and cooled milk too.
- Measure this paste . It came out 3/4 cup paste for me. so i added 3/4 cup of sugar.
- In a heavy bottomed pan , add this badam paste, sugar(equal amount of the paste) and 1 tblsp of ghee.
- Meanwhile grease a pan and keep it aside.
- Stir in this badam sugar mixture in a medium low flame.