Recipe of Mysore pak with Video
This is the first time i am making Mysore Pak , but to my surprise it turned out extremely well and tasted exactly like Krishna Sweets Mysore pak. I made few batches and packed for my friends when i visited them during Navaratri. When i was searching in google for mysore pak recipes most of the recipes which i have come seen involves 2-3 cups of Ghee. And i finally i landed in here . Go ahead to try this delicious soft Mysore pak for this Diwali and surprise your family and friends.
Check my traditional Mysore pak recipe too. Check out the post on consistency of sugar syrup.
Video of Mysore pak
INGREDIENTS: (YIELDS APPROX. 10 PIECES) Cooking time : 25 minutes
|BESAN |KADALAIMAAVU||1 CUP|
|MELTED GHEE||1 CUP|
- Keep a tray greased with ghee.
- In a pan, preferably non stick add a tsp of ghee and roast the besan in a medium low flame till it emits a nice aroma. It will take 10 minutes. Though the original recipe doesn’t have this step ,as far as i have made the google search most of the recipes have included this step.
- Once done sieve the flour nicely.
- This step is a must as it will give a smooth texture to the mysore pak.
- Mix this sifted besan with 3/4th cup of ghee and make a smooth paste out of it. Ghee should not be hot.
- In a deep wide pan,preferably non stick, add the sugar and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Once sugar gets dissolved stop stirring and boil till this reach one string consistency.
- You can check the one thread consistency of the syrup between the thumb and the index finger.
- Once it reaches the right consistency, add the ghee and besan paste which we mixed together. The consistency is more important else you will get hard or crumbled mysore pak.
- Now keep the flame in medium low and stir continuously adding the remaining 1/4 cup ghee at frequent intervals.
- Stir it nicely till it leaves the sides of the pan and doesn’t get stick to the bottom.
- At this stage transfer it to the greased plate. It will spread smoothly.
- Cut it into pieces with a knife or a pizza cutter when it is warm.
The entire process took just 20 minutes and as mentioned in the original recipe after adding the besan mixture to the sugar syrup it took less than 10 minutes for the mysore pak to get ready.
- One string consistency is a must and be careful not to miss it out .
- At last also, when the mixture doesn’t gets stick to the bottom transfer it to the greased plate.
- If it over cooked even for few minutes mysore pak will not be soft.