Butter murukku is an easy diwali snack and gives a nice flavor of pottukadalai |roasted gram in the murukku. I learnt this recipe of butter murukku from my friend . If you are a beginner in making murukku you can try out this easy murukku as it you can squeeze into bits in oil and no need to shape the murukku. Try out this easy reciep of murukku for Diwali 2013. Stay tuned for more easy and interesting diwali recipes coming in the next few days. Check out my full collection of diwali recipes
Video of butter murukku
Before going into the post , the cute bag which i kept the murukku was gifted to my by a sweet reader of mine. Thank you so much Aarti.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES. COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES .YIELDS : 2 CUPS
|RICE FLOUR||1/2 CUP|
|BESAN | KADALAI MAAVU||1/4 CUP|
|ROASTED GRAM (POTTUKADALAI)||1/4 CUP|
|CUMIN SEEDS |JEERA||1/4 TSP|
|GHEE or BUTTER||2 TBLSP|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- Powder the roasted gram into a fine powder. No need to roast it.
- Combine the rice flour, gram flour and the roasted gram flour in a wide bowl and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and salt.
- Melt the ghee or butter and add this to the flour. Mix nicely and evenly. Add water little by little and knead it into a pliable dough.
- Use the single star achu and put a portion of dough in the mould.
- Start pressing the murruku in hot oil.
- Cook till the oil sound subsides.
- Take this out from the oil and drain in a kitchen towel.
- Always ensure that the oil is hot. You can enjoy this as an tea time snack.
- Butter murukku is ready. This can be stored in airtight containers for a week to 10 days.
- if making in bulk knead the dough in batches, else it will turn red while frying.