Paal kesari| rava milk kesari | Sooji ka halwa , is generally we make by cooking the sooji in milk as the usual kesari is made by cooking the roasted rava in water. This kesari i have tasted very long back in my relatives place when i was in chennai. It was totally fantastic. Very recently when she visited here i asked her for the recipe and she told it is the same as rava kesari replacing water with milk. I tried this and it turned out exotic . We all loved it. You can make this rava milk kesari for any festival or poojas at home .
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 2-3
|MILK||1 AND 3/4 CUP|
|SUGAR||1 TO 1 AND 1/4 CUP|
|KESARI COLOUR||A PINCH|
|CARDAMOM POWDER||A PINCH|
- Roast the cashew nuts in the ghee till golden brown and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add 1 tblsp of ghee and roast the rava nicely till nice light golden brown in a very low flame.
- In a saucepan bring the milk to boil. I used full cream milk.
- Add this milk to the rava and let the rava gets cooked in the milk. Check whether it is cooked by dipping your hands in water and check . If it is cooked the rava will not stick to your hands. else cook for few more minutes.
- Now add the sugar and stir it quickly without any lumps. The mixture will be become runny. Do no panic.
- Add remaining ghee little by little and stir well in a low flame for few minutes till it becomes a whole mass and the kesari should not stick to the bottom. Add a pinch of yellow food colour and mix well to get the colour evenly.
- Add the fried cashew and mix well. Add cardamom powder too and mix well.
- Rava milk kesari is ready for neivedhyam.
- Always add sugar once the rava is completely cooked.
- Make the entire process in low flame.