After all the festival food i wanted to make something very simple today and it was heavily raining from the morning so i made this simple pepper rasam |milagu rasam with a beans curry for lunch and suresh too joined me for this simple lunch and we both enjoyed this simple food a lot. Nothing can beat a simple milagu rasam , my mom makes this when we have cold or cough and a simple food for postpartum delivery too. Even bachelors can try this milagu rasam as this doesn’t requires any grinding too. So after this navaratri, i wanted to try something without any dal and this milagu rasam doesnt need dal too.
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 3 PREPARATION TIME: 5 MINUTES . COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
|SAMBAR POWDER | RASAM POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|THIN TAMARIND WATER||1 CUP|
|JEERA|CUMIN SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|GHEE | OIL||1/2 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- In a vessel put the tomatoes and nicely mash with hands. Add the tamarind water,sambar powder | rasam powder , salt . Bring this to a boil for few minutes.
- Pound the pepper and jeera in a mortar and pestle.
- Once the raw smell of the tamarind water goes add the pepper jeera powder and 1 and 1/4 cup of water.
- When it becomes frothy switch off the flame and temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves in ghee or oil.
- Pepper rasam is ready to serve. Just enjoy with a simple curry or a papad.