I used the big rock candy. If using the small kalkandu the measurement for 1/2 cup rice add 1/2 cup of kalkandu.
- Wash the rice and add 2 cups of milk and 1 cup of water. Pressure cook this in a big vessel so as to avoid the milk flowing out from the vessel. I used a vessel in which i can cook 3 cups of rice.
- Pressure cook till 5-6 whistles and keep the flame in low for 10 minutes. the rice must be cooked by now.
- Mash this nicely with the back of a ladle so that the rice will get mashed.
- Mix well and let it cook for 5 minutes in low flame. Add the roasted cashew nuts.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot.
- You can add little more milk after mashing the rice to get a little semi thick consistency.
- Never add milk to the sugar candy which is boiling. ,Milk will be curdled.
- I didn't put cardamom powder as i like the flavour of the milk much.