Check I have already posted Cauliflower Kheema and Cauliflower Peas kurma.
- Cut the cauliflower into small or medium size florets. Boil water in a pan and when it starts boiling add the cut cauliflower florets , salt and turmeric powder.
- If adding fresh peas, add the peas along with the cauliflower. Switch off the flame in 2 minutes. Drain the excess water . I used frozen peas , so added directly to the curry.
- Slice the onions. In a pan add oil and add the cumin seeds and add the ginger garlic paste.
- When it turns into light brown add the sliced onions. Saute till they becomes translucent.
- Now add in the cauliflower florets, if using fresh peas add them too now.
- Add in the chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder ,salt and garam masala.
- If adding frozen peas add at this time. Mix gently.
- Sprinkle little water to this and cook till the cauliflower becomes tender. You can cover and cook too.
- Keep in a medium low flame. don't get it burnt.
- Gobi mutter is ready to serve. You can have this with rasam rice or with rotis or puloas too.
- You can potato also to this combo. If adding peel the skin and cut them into cubes and blanch along with cauliflower.
- Sambar powder can be added instead of red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Fresh coriander leaves can be used for garnishing.