Masala Chaas i first had some 12 years back when we went to my firnd's place in Jaipur. She made masala chaas at home and tasted very nice. After that though i had few times at restaurants, never attempted to try at home. During our recent trip to Delhi, had lots of Masala Chaas in all places we visited. A tall of glass of masala chaas after breakfast kept us energetic throughout the day. I just made it few days back at home. Sharing the recipe of simple masala chaas today.
There are many variations to the recipe and mine is the basic simple one.
This doesn't involve mush steps.
- In a tall mixer jar, add the yogurt, green chilli , a pinch of chaat masala, jeera and salt.
- Blend this for a 2 minutes. Generally i don't like adding water to masala chaas.
- If you want you can add according to your liking.
- Serve this by garnishing a pinch of chaat masala and little freshly, coarsely ground jeera . Adding jeera in the last is optional.
- always serve chilled.
- You can add little curry leaves, few mint leaves, little ginger to make it more flavourful.