Yesterday, i finished my cooking so fast and i thought i will make little puliyodarai too. It just too 10 minutes for me to make this instant andhra pulihora. If you have cooked rice in hand , this will be ready in a jiffy. Perfect one to take this for lunch box too.
- In a pan add oil and add the mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, ginger, broken red chilli and slit green chilli.
- When the mustard crackles add the tamarind paste | extract. Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Let this get cooked and the raw smell of the tamarind goes off. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Keep the flame low while cooking else it will get burnt.
- I always like the dals and peanuts to be crunchy and so i add just before serving. If it is ok with you you can add while tempering the mustard seeds.
- Add the cooked rice to this. Mix well.
- In a small pan add little oil and add the channa dal, urad dal and peanuts . I added 1 red chilli too.
- Roast them on a medium flame. Be careful not to get it burnt.
- Add the roasted dal and nuts to the rice. Mix well gently and evenly.
- Andhra puliyodarai is ready to serve. Serve with Vadam