- Chop the tomato into small cubes . Wash the dal and pressure cook this with turmeric powder and grated ginger.
- Pressure cook till 4-5 whistles.
- Mash the dal nicely once it is cooked.
- Chop the onions, garlic and green chilly very finely.
- In a pan add the ghee |butter and and saute the onions, garlic,redchilly and green chilly in a very low flame.
- While it is roasting , in a separate pan add the cooked dal and add the red chilli powder, salt and cumin powder.
- Let this boil for few minutes. Add the onion garlic tadka to the dal and switch off the flame.
- Cover this and with a lid and let the flavours get infused into it. After 2 minutes open the cover and squeeze few drops of lemon juice and kasoori methi. Mix well.
- Dal tadka is ready to serve. Serve with hot rotis or jeera rice.