- Cook the rice sevai according to the instructions given on the packet.
- Drain the water from the sevai and keep it aside.
- Mean while chop the onions, cut the carrots and capsicum into small.
- In a pan add oil and add the mustard leaves and curry leaves. Add onions and saute till they turn pink.
- Add in the veggies, sambar powder and salt. Mix well and let the veggies be crunchy and cook them in a low flame,without getting them burnt.
- Add garam masala and mix well.
- Add in the cooked idiyappam. and gently mix well without breaking the soft idiyappam. Let this be in a low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander leaves and serve along with raita if you want.
- The idiyappam stays soft even after 2 hours from it is made. So you can pack this for lunch box too, if kids like this.
- You can add ginger garlic paste, before adding onions.
- Finely chopped tomatoes can be added after adding onions.
- You can add cauliflower, finely chopped potato and sweet corn also.
- Mint leaves can be added for nice flavor, while adding onions.
- Sambar powder can be replaced with 3/4 tsp of red chili powder and 1/4 tsp of coriander powder.