Soak the rajma for 10 to 12 hours or overnight. Wash it thoroughly and add water to this and little salt . Pressure cook this until 6-7 whistles. Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Dry roast the mint leaves in a pan till they turn crispy. Do not burn it. Carefully roast.
- Dry roast the urad dal, black pepper and red chilli and powder this along with the mint leaves. Do not worry if they are little coarse. Since i used 1/2 cup of rajma the spice mix was very less. If making in bulk, you can powder the spice mix finely.
- In a pan add oil and add in the mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add in the cooked rajma and add little salt. Add the spice powder. Mix well.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well. Drizzle with some coconut oil and put off the flame.
- Flavorful sundal is ready for neivedyam.
- If you do not have mint leaves in hand, you can try with coriander leaves.
- If you feel your rajma variety is not cooking properly, add a pinch of cooking soda while cooking the rajma.
- Do not add more salt while cooking the rajma as it will not cook properly.