Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes and put the almonds in very hot water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Take out the skin and slice the almonds.Again soak the almonds till the kheer gets ready. Soak saffron in 1 tblsp of warm milk.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, i used my pressure cooker, drain the water from the rice and add it to the pressure cooker and add the milk to this.
- Put it in a medium low flame and let this slowly boil.
- Stir continuously , and once the milk starts boiling put it in a low flame.
- After 30 minutes when it becomes little thick add the saffron milk. The rice will get cooked in some time.
- When the rice gets completely mashed and the kheer gets thick switch off the flame. Add the sugar and mix well. Add the sliced almonds to this kheer. Serve hot or chilled.