Check out my other thinai recipes
- Soak the thinai arisi in water for 30 minutes. Meanwhile cut the capsicum into small cubes also boil the corn kernels.
- Cook the thinai arisi with half cup of water in an open pan. Keep in a very low flame and leave it undisturbed for 10 minutes. The rice will get cooked and the water will be evaporated.
- Allow this to cool and add the sprouts, corn kernels, black chana pomegranate seeds, nuts and capsicum.
- In a morar and pestle grind the ginger and green chili and squeeze the juice of this into the salad.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and honey to the salad.
- Mix well and serve it immediately.
- Thinai salad is ready to serve.
- Soaking thinai reduces the cooking time.
- You can add white channa , rajma instead of black channa.
- You can add a pinch of chaat masala also a dash of lemon zest can also be added.
- Since thinai and chana are bit filling avoid this salad in night.
- Addition of ginger reduces the gastric ailments.