Kodo millet idli
Preparation Time : 3 Hrs | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Yields: 15 idlis
Varagu | Kodo Millet 4 cups
Urad dal 1 cup
Poha | Aval 3 tblsp
Salt as needed
- Wash the varagu rice , urad dal and poha nicely and soak it all together for 3 hours.
- Grind this in a wet grinder and and add salt. Ferment this for 8 to 9 hours till the batter raises.
Grease the idli pan and pour the batter in it.
Steam the idlis for 10 minutes in a medium flame.
Carefully take it out with he help of a spoon. Do not take it out immediately.
- The idlis will not be very white in color as the normal rice idli.
- Taste wise it doesn’t have any difference as it tasted exactly as the normal idli.
- Refer my Idli post for more tips .