Haldirams style roasted moong dal
Roasted Moong dal
Preparation Time : 5 mins + 2 hours soaking | Cooking Time : 12-15 mins |Yields:1/2 cup
Moong dal 1/2 cup
Red chili powder 1/4 tsp
Chaat masala 2 pinches
Oil 2 tsp
Salt as needed
Turmeric powder a pinch
- Soak moong dal in water for 2 hours. Drain the water completely and dry this in a clean towel for 5-10 minutes inside the home.
- In a microwavable plate spread the moong dal. Add oil,turmeric powder and salt. mix well .
- Microwave this for 12 minutes, till it gets nicely roasted, Every now and then mix this properly so that you can avoid getting them burnt.
- Once it is done, add the chaat masala and red chili powder.
- Roasted moong dal is done. Store this in a air tight container .
- Enjoy with hot tea or coffee.