Sweet lassi is the one i always love to have anytime. Though i love lassi, i make the salt lassi | neermor, as they are very good for health. My daughter loves all types of lassi. As the kids have holidays, i am making some juice or lassi for them . Today she asked for sweet lassi and i am a mood to click the pictures too. As i have already posted sweet lassi, i thought i will make kesar lassi . The kesar lassi was awesome and she loved it a lot. She infact patiently waited for me to click the pictures.
Kesar sweet lassi
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : Nil|Serves: 2
Yogurt | curd 1 cup
Milk 1/4 cup
Saffron 7-8 strands
Pistachio for garnishing
Sugar 3 tsp
Cardamom powder a pinch
- Heat a pan for and put the saffron in it and leave it for 30 seconds.
- Switch off the flame and add 1 tblsp of milk to it.
- Let the saffron get soaked in warm milk for 15 minutes.
- In a mixie add the yogurt, milk, saffron soaked milk, sugar and cardamon powder. Whip it down in a mixie till it becomes frothy.
- Kesar lassi is ready to serve.
- While serving garnish with chopped pistas or badam.
- If adding boiled milk to the lassi, allow it to cool completely
- You can soak few badam and take out the skin and grind it along, to make a richer version of lassi.
- You can add some cream | malai to this while making.