Paneer butter masala recipe without onion and garlic
Paneer butter Masala
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Paneer cubes 1 cup
Cashew nuts 10
Milk 1/2 cup
Yogurt 2 tblsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 2 pinches
Kasoori methi 2 pinches
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tblsp
Butter 1 tsp (optional)
- Grind the tomatoes into puree. Or you can use store bought tomato puree too. Check out home made tomato puree recipe.
- Soak the cashews in 1/4 cup of hot milk and soak 2 paneer cubes in warm water. Soak for 15 minutes.
- Grind the cashew and paneer cubes together into a fine paste. Use the milk while grinding the cashews. Add the remaining milk(no need to boil) to this and mix this well.
- In a bowl add the yogurt, red chili powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, salt and garam masala.
- Mix well with a spoon.
- In a pan add oil and add the tomato puree . Cook this for 2 minutes. Be careful as the tomato puree will splutter. Keep the flame low.
- Add the yogurt masala mixture too.
- Mix well and cook it leaves out oil. Now add the paneer cubes to this.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to this and cook it for 5 minutes in a medium low flame.
- Now add the cashew milk mixture. You can replace this with 3 tblsp of fresh cream too.
- Keep the flame low and add the crushed kasoori methi .
- Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves.Add a tsp of butter to this when it is hot. Paneer butter masala is ready to serve.
- You can replace tomatoes with 1/2 cup tomato puree. Again the measurement depends on how strong, thick your puree is.
- Do not boil the paneer butter masala after adding the cashew milk mixture. Else it will curdle.
- Instead of milk, cashew and paneer you can add only thick milk to the gravy. But cashew and paneer make it more rich.
- You can add a slit green chili to this gravy before adding tomato pure.
- If needed cut bellpepper | capsicum can be added . You can either cut this into cubes and add to the gravy or saute the cubes in little oil for few minutes and then add.