Mambazha mor kuzhambu - Palakkad special
Mambazha pulissery | mambazha moru kootan is a Palakad special dish, made with ripe mangoes. Though i have heard about this recipe through my friend's mil, but never was bit skeptical to try this at home, as i am not sure about the taste. But after hearing very good reviews about this morkootan, finaly i tried this mambazha morkootan. It tasted very nice and went well with plain rice and spicy potato masala.
Mambazha Moru kootan
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 3
Ripe mango 1
Thick butter milk 1 and 1/4 cup
Coconut 3 tblsp
Salt as needed
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Green chili 1
Mustard seed 1/4 tsp
Methi seeds | vendhayam a pinch
Curry leaves few
Red chili 1
Coconut oil 1 tsp
- In a pan add 3 cups of water and put the mango into it. Cook this for 10 minutes or till the mangoes become soft.
- Allow this cool and take out the skin of the mangoes and with your hands take out the mango pulp.
- Discard the seed and put the pulp in the pan. Add the buttermilk to this.
- Grind the coconut and green chili into a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the mango butter milk mixture. Mix this well with a whisk.
- Now switch on the flame and cook till frothy. Do not allow this to boil. Once it comes to frothy switch off the flame.
- In a small pan add coconut oil and add the mustard seeds, vendhayam and red chili. Once the msutard splutters add it to the mambazha kootan.
- Add curry leaves.
- This mamabazha mor kootan goes well with hot rice and any spicy curry like, potato curry, sepankizhangu curry and yam fry.