Filipino fruit salad
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 7-8
Macaroni pasta 1 cup
Fresh cream 1 cup
Condensed milk 1/2 cup
Tinned fruits 3and 1/2 cups (750 ml)
Nata de coco 1 cup (200 ml)
- Cook the macaroni pasta in enough water. Do not add salt or oil while cooking.
- Drain the excess water.
- Open the tin and drain the syrup from it. We need only the fruits.
- If using fresh fruits cut them into cubes and just add it in a bowl.
- Do not use fruits which are very sour.
- Drain the excess water from the nata de coco .
- Add the drained fruit cocktail to a large bowl. Since we need to mix all ingredients we need a large bowl.
- Add the nata de coco.
- Add the cooked macaroni to this.
- Add the fresh cream. I used amul fresh cream. You can add whipped cream too. I have tried once with the whipped cream too.
- Add in the condensed milk. Mine was just perfect, but if you want more sweet you can add little more condensed milk.
- Mix this well for an even coating.
- Keep it inside the refrigerator. Serve chilled.
- This macaroni fruit salad | buko fruit salad will taste nice only when chilled .
- Also give 3-4 hours of standing time to get the cream and the condensed milk to get infused into all the ingredients.
- You can add cooked sweet corn also to the dessert.
- Also cheese cubes are added to this salad too.
- You can add some jellies to this salad.