Check out my other soya chunks recipes
Schezwan Soya chunks Manchurian
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Soya chunks 1 cup
Corn flour 2 tsp + 2 tsp
Milk 1 tblsp
Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Salt as needed
Schezwan sauce 2-3 tblsp
Capsicum 1 tblsp(finely chopped)
Spring onion 2 tsp (chopped)
Oil 1 tblsp
- In a big pan add water and add 1 tblsp of milk. Allow that to boil.
- Add the soya chunks to this and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water completely and squeeze out the excess water.
- Add this to a bowl and add 2 tsp of corn flour, red chili powder, pepper powder and salt.
- You can add little ginger garlic paste to this too.
- Mix this well and let this marinate for 5 minutes.
- In a pan add oil and add in the marinated soya chunks till golden spots appear. Cook on a medium low flame.
- Add the schezwan sauce to this.
- Add 3/4 cup to 1 cup of water. The sauce gets thickened after adding the corn flour, so add 1 cup of water.
- Mix 2 tsp of corn flour with 3 tblsp of water, without any lumps.
- Add this to the gravy and mix well.
- Allow this to boil for 2 minutes. Stir it.
- Check for salt.
- Add chopped capsicum and spring onions.
- Schezwan Soya chunks manchurian gravy is ready.
- You can serve with veg fried rice or pineapple fried rice.
- You can replace soya chunks with paneer.
- If the schezwan sauce is made ready before hand, this recipe can be done for lunch box too.
- You can add little rice flour to the marination. It will give crispiness to the manchurian. In that case make it dry manchurian and serve as a starter. Do not add water after adding sauce. Just add corn flour water only.
- This gravy is not too spicy, i added 2 tblsp of schezwan sauce.