Poha chivda | aval mixture with video
Poha Chivda is a low fat snack made with aval | poha , a less oil and not a deep fried mixture. Though i already posted South Indian Mixture recipe, i have a few request from readers for a healthy diwali recipe which they can make for their parents | in laws, this poha chivda immediately came to my mind. So if you want to try something healthy this time, make this poha mixture | aval mixture. I learnt this recipe from my friend Janani, long back when we met for a evening tea .
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Poha| aval 1 cup
Green chili 2
Raw peanuts 4 tblsp
Roasted gram dal | pottukadalai 4 tblsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt as needed
Mustard seeds few
Dry coconut (kopra) 1 tblsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Oil 1 tblsp
Video of How to make Poha chivda
Method with step wise pictures:
- In a pan, roast the poha , with 1 tsp of oil ( use medium thin poha) till it turns golden brown.
- Be careful not to make it burnt.
- Keep it aside. In the same pan add oil and add mustard seeds and slit the green chillies and add to it.
- Powder the sugar in a mortar and pestle.
- Add the roasted gram, peanuts and powdered sugar and salt to this.
- When the peanuts,and dal turns golden brown switch off the flame and mix it to the roasted poha.
- Mix this nicely.
- Store this in a airtight container . Enjoy with hot tea | coffee.
- You can add a few tablespoons of roasted cashew nuts also.
- Few curry leaves can be added while adding the mustard seeds.