Avocado Milkshake i first tasted in Singapore , food republic in Vivo city. I was so curious to taste the fruit when we moved here and had it first,in the form of milkshake . Later once Varsha learnt some Glucamole, an avocado dip from school and we had with tortila chips. I bought the avocados to make the avocado ice cream but finally ended up in making the milkshake recipe without ice cream. Try this easy and healthy milkshake recipe at home. I have made a video on how to cut avocado, which will be useful for beginners. Check out my mango milkshake, oreo milkshake recipe.
Choose the dark black avocado, which is the ripe one. If the outer cover is green in colur it is unripe,keep it outside for 2-3 days and once it is becomes dark and soft to touch, you can cut that.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : Nil |Serves: 2
Ripe avocado 1
Sugar 3 tsp
Chilled Milk 1 and 1/2 cup
Water 1/4 cup
Vanilla Ice cream 1 scoop (optional)
- Open the avocado as shown in the video and scoop out the flesh.
- Chop it roughly and add sugar and 1/2 cup of milk.
- Blend this smoothly.
- Add the remaining milk and add some ice cubes or some chilled water.
- Serve immediately.
- Ensure the milk is cold. If it is boiled allow it to cool completely.
- You can add some mango or banana to the avocado to give it a twist.
- You can replace sugar with honey too.
you can try with dates instead of sugar.
I am in Indonesia and fhey add milkmaid for sweetness in avacado and add chocolate sauce in the sides of glass and at the top of the juice..it makes it more yummy..