As mentioned in my previous post, i am posting the cauliflower manchurian gravy recipe, which i made as a side for Fried rice. Check out my cauliflower dry manchurian and Gobi 65 recipe.
|CAULIFLOWER||1 MEDIUM FLOWER|
|ONION||2 BIG NOS.|
|GREEN CHILLI||3 NOS.|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|TOMATO SAUCE||1 TSP|
|SOYA SAUCE||1/2 TSP|
|PEPPER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
- Cut the cauliflower into big florets and immerse it in boiling water. Keep it inside for 2 mins. Drain the water and pat dry in a kitchen towel. In a bowl add one tbsp of corn flour , maida, red chilli powder and required salt and make it a thin batter by adding water to it.
- In a pan, add the oil required for frying. dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and fry it in the oil and drain the excess oil using a kitchen towel. Keep it aside.
- Chop the onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies very finely. Cut the capsicum into cubes.
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and add the finely chopped onion, green chilli , and ginger one by one and saute for a few minutes, till it becomes golden brown. When it is done, add the cubed capsicum and saute for a few minutes and add the tomato sauce and soya sauce and pepper powder.
- Add a little bit of salt and remember the sauce contains salt also we have added salt to the cauliflower.
- Now add the fried cauliflower to it and coat it nicely with the masala.
- If you want to serve this as dry manchurian just stop with this step.
If you want a semi gravy type then follow the next step.
- Now mix another tbsp of corn flour in 1/2 cup of water and add to the cauliflower. Mix it nicely. Keep it on a medium flame for 2 to 3 mins. Switch off the stove. Garnish with the green part of spring onion. Enjoy with Fried rice.