Recipe updated with video
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 40 Mins |Serves: 3
Cauliflower 1 big floret
Capsicum | bell pepper 1/2
Garlic 4 pods
Ginger garlic paste 1 tblsp
Soya sauce 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup 1 tsp
Green chili 1
Maida | all purpose flour 3 tblsp
Corn flour 2 tblsp
Rice flour 1 tblsp
Oil for deep frying
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Salt as needed
Spring onion green few (for garnish)
- Dip the cauliflower in hot water and pat dry it. Make them into medium sized florets.
- In a wide bowl, add maida, corn flour , rice flour, red chilli powder, salt, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Add little water to this and make it into a batter(dosa batter consistency)
- Mix the cauliflower florets to this batter and ensure that it is evenly coated.
- Heat the oil and when it is hot place the cauliflower florets dipped in batter and fry them into golden brown . Fry them in batches. Do not over load the oil pan else it will become soggy.
- Finely chop the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli.
- In a pan add 1 tblsp of oil and throw in the sugar and add the onions, garlic, ginger and green chilli.
- Cube the capsicums.
- Saute them for few minutes, let it be crunchy. Add in the soya sauce, tomato sauce and salt to taste. Soy sauce contains salt.
- Add in the fried cauliflower florets. Mix well and garnish with finely chopped spring onions.
- Always serve hot.
- Instead of red chilli in the batter you can add black pepper powder
- Rice flour adds crispiness to the manchurian, so do not skip.