Cauliflower is one among my favorite veggies and i love to have this with simple rasam and rice and even as a side dish for chapathis too. Being bored with the usual Cauliflower Curry
i was thinking to make some different with cauliflower and tried out cauliflower curry using freshly ground pepper. It turned amazing well and especially kids enjoyed this a lot. Go ahead and try out this cauliflower pepper fry recipe.
INGREDIENTS: ( Serves 3)
||1 (MEDIUM SIZE)
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE
||1 /2 TSP
- Wash the cauliflower and cut them into small florets.
- Chop the onions into thin slices. In a pan add oil and add ginger garlic paste.
- Saute for a while and add the onions and saute till they become translucent.
- Add the cauliflower florets to this. Using a mortar and pestle, coarsely ground the black pepper and cumin seeds separately.
- Add this to the cauliflower and add salt and turmeric powder.
- Sprinkle little water and cook the florets become soft.
- Switch off the flame once it is done.
- Serve hot with rasam rice or sambar rice. Even this will taste yum with Phulkas.
- Do not add any curry leaves or coriander leaves as this will supress the pepper flavor.
- You can use store bought pepper powder and cumin powder but freshly ground one is highly recommended.