Chapathi |Roti upma , this recipe i got from my relative who recently visited my blog and called me up and told this recipe of roti upma. She is a great cook and at this age of 75 she actively cooks everyday for her family . I thank Saroja Mami for introducing me this simple,easy and tasty Roti upma. INGREDIENTS:
|ROTI | CHAPATHI||4-5|
|SESAME SEEDS||2 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS | JEERA||1/4 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||A HANDFUL|
|LEMON JUICE||FEW DROPS|
- Tear the roti into small pieces.
- Chop the onions , green chilli and capsicums finely.
- In a pan add oil and add the mustard seeds and jeera.
- Add the green chilli and the chopped onion and saute for few minutes.
- Add the peanuts and sesame seeds. Roast in a low flame till it turns golden brown.
- Add the capsicum and saute for few minutes.
- Add the torn rotis to this and mix well.
- Saute in a low flame and switch off the flame. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Always serve hot. I thoroughly enjoyed eating this roti upma. Note:
- You can add carrots, green peas and corn kernels too.
- You can coarsely ground the peanuts ( roast and take the skin ) instead of adding it full.
nice upma with the left over chapatis
I do it too.. looks great
Super way to use chapathi 🙂
nice idea to make use of leftover chappati
That's a nice way to use up leftover chappathis
Nice way to use leftover rotis! Great..
lovely idea and should try this akka
perfect way to finish off the leftovers…nice one, Jeyashee
Nice way to polsh off all the leftover chappathis…Nice clicks Jey!
Nice one …we use leftover in little different way …like your version
A great way to use the left over chapathis !!
i liked the crunchy peanut !
Very creative upma; thanks to Saroja maami for sharing.
jeyashri i always love this…i make chappathis extra for this some time…what a wonderful way to use the leftovers
A no masala super upma fan fare Jeyashri! i add pav bhaji masala but not peanuts Trying next time
very nice idea jeyashri will def keep in mind next time.Nice way to reuse chapathi.
Nice recipe to use leftover chapathis dear
great way to use the left over chapathis!
Great way to use left-overs!!! Have been on ur blog for the first time… It's great!!! Connected with you via GFC now… 🙂
Visit SJ's Food Court: https://myownfoodcourt.blogspot.com
best way to use left overs.. 🙂 Especially chapathis always tend to remain when prepared for dinner n all.. So best way to use them over! 🙂
Looks Like Sindhi seyal mani, prepared with leftover rotis
Excellent way of using leftover rotis, very tasty..
I love it more than chapthi. Looks tempting with peanuts in it!
Looks so nice with peanuts & sesame seeds. Love to taste it 🙂
Looks interesting. Will have to try it soon.
Nice idea to use leftover chapathi…love this upma very much
Nice idea. We were wondering what 2 do with leftoverchappathi u have giving a brillant recipe thank u
Thank you for this wonderful recipe and the beautiful pictures that inspire.