Vanilla custard powder Icecream is a one which i wanted to try out for a long time. Most of the times we don’t get the vanilla flavored custard powder here, recently when i saw this i picked up to try out this ice cream. Few weeks back i posted this as a guest post for Rak’s Kitchen.
Try out this easy, eggless ice cream with easy available ingredients and without ice cream maker too.
INGREDIENTS: YIELDS 4 SCOOPS
|CUSTARD POWDER (VANILA FLAVOR)
||1 AND 1/2 TBLSP
|MILK (LOW FAT)
- Boil the milk in a saucepan, reserving 3 tblsps of milk aside.
- Mix the custard powder in the 3 tblsp of milk into a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Add this custard mixture to the boiled milk and keep the flame low. Stir it continuously for 2 minutes. The mixture will give a thick custard. Let it be like a dosa batter consistency.
- Add sugar to it and put off the flame.
- Allow this custard to cool down completely.
- When done, add cream to this ( i used the Nestle cream) and whip in the mixer for a minute.
- Pour this mixture in a freezer safe box and freeze it for an hour.
- After that take out and whip it again for a minute. Repeat this step 2 times . this is to avoid the formation of Ice and to get a creamy texture.
- After doing the whipping process for 3 times, freeze the ice cream mixture for 5-6 hours.
- Your vanilla custard powder ice cream is done.
- Serve with fruits if you want.
- You can use any flavour of custard powder.
- To the custard powder mixture, instead of sugar you can add condensed milk to get a rich taste.
- You can add nuts to this after you finish off the whipping process. You will get the nutty bits while having ice cream.
- Do not add custard powder more than the quantity mentioned.