Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 2 Mins |Serves: 1 -2
For the cake
All purpose flour | Maida 6 tblsp
Sugar 2 tblsp
Oil 1 and 3/4 tblsp
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Milk 3 tblsp
Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
For chocolate ganache
Heavy cream | whipping cream 2 tblsp
Semi sweet chocolate chips 1/4 cup
Rainbow sprinkles few (for garnishing)
- In a bowl add all the ingredients under the ingredients for the cake.
- Mix well into a smooth batter.
- Grease a microwave safe mug | cup and pour the batter into it.
- Microwave for 1 min and 30 seconds. Mine took 1 min 45 seconds. I microwaved in high power.
- Allow this to cool. Check by inserting a tooth pick in the center. If it comes out clean then the cake is done.
- Heat the whipping cream till rolling boil.
- Place the chocolate chips in a bowl and add the hot boiling cream to the chocolate bowl.
- Mix well into a smooth paste using a spoon. The chocolates will melt so easily after adding the cream.
- Using a spoon or melon ball scoop, take out a small portion of the cake . Do not do it too deep. Just slight deep is fine.
- Level it well with the back of a knife. I used the back of the melon scoop itself. Even a roll pin which we use for roti will work.
- Pour the chocolate ganache into the dent and spread it all over the surface of the cake. Even it over flows also it’s fine.
- Sprinkle some rainbow sprinkles on the top.
- Allow this to set for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- You can serve the mug cake without making the dent and the ganache.
- You can just add some powdered sugar and cinnamon and serve immediately, once it is done.
- Do not microwave for too long and it will make the cake hard.