Few weeks back when i went to my grocery shopping the i picked the alphonsa mango pulp tin thinking that i will make the Mango ice cream again to surprise Varsha, my daughter. Since i made strawberry ice cream she told she wanted some cake from the mango pulp and when i was searching for a eggless mango cake in google i came across this recipe in holy cow’s space and this has been tried by many bloggers. Here is the recipe for soft and moist eggless mango cake.
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|BAKING POWDER||2 TSP|
|CARDAMON POWDER||1 TSP|
|MANGO PUREE||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|SUGAR||2/3 CUP( APPROX. 11 TBLSP)|
|VANILLA ESSENCE||1 TSP|
- Sift the flour ,salt and baking powder along with cardamom powder.
- Mix the oil, sugar, mango puree till the sugar dissolves.
- Gently mix with the flour.
- Transfer this to a a baking tin and bake in a 180 degrees preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool it in a wire rack.
- We had warm cake with vanilla ice cream.
- If using fresh mango peel the skin and chop the flesh of the mango into fine pieces and puree it in a blender.
- Do not over mix the batter.
- The cake turned out slightly dense .
- You can make it into cute cup cakes also instead of making into a cake.