Today I am sharing a simple curry recipe with beetroot which is a super hit at my place and kids love to mix this with plain rice and finish the meal in few minutes. Check out my other beetroot recipes HERE
|SAMBAR POWDER||3/4 TSP|
|GRATED COCONUT||3 TBLSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|URAD DAL||1/4 TSP|
- Peel the skin of the beetroot and carrot(if using) and grate them using a grater.
- Chop the onions finely (if using).
- In a pan, add oil and throw in the mustard seeds ,curry leaves and urad dal.
- When mustard splutters and urad dal turns golden brown colour add the onions and fry till they become translucent.
- Add in the sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Saute for a minute and add in the grated beetroot and carrots.
- Sprinkle few tblsps of water and keep stirring this.
- The beet root will get cooked soon since we have grated this.
- Add coconut and mix well.
- Put off the flame and serve hot with any gravy of your choice.
- Instead of sambar powder you can add finely chopped green chilli.
- A tsp of coconut oil can be added in the last to enhance the flavor.