Here comes the recipe of GARLIC RASAM. Check out my pineapple rasam recipe too. The recipe of garlic rasam updated with video.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Tamarind a small gooseberry sized
Garlic 4 -5 cloves
Pepper 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Oil 1 tsp
Curry leaves few
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida a pinch
Red chili 2
Coriander leaves few
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Video of Poondu rasam
- In a wide vessel add a small gooseberry sized tamarind soaked in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Add little coriander leaves.
- Grind 2 tomatoes and filter this through a metal strainer by adding 1 cup of water.
- This will give a clear rasam without making it cloudy. If you want you can add as it is.
- Grind the pepper, cumin seeds and curry leaves coarsely.
- Add this to the vessel.
- Peel the skin of the garlic and slightly crush them using a mortar and pestle and add it to the vessel.
- Tear 2 red chili and drop it in the tomato mixture.
- Add turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt.
- With clean hands nicely mix the tomato mixture for 2 minutes. This will bring out the flavours of the ingredients.
- Transfer this to a pan and cook this till it froths up. Keep the flame low.
- Once it froths up switch off the flame.
- Temper with mustard seeds and add some coriander leaves.
- You can add few chopped tomatoes in the top.
- cover it and keep for 5 minutes and then serve the garlic rasam with hot rice.
- Instead of grinding the tomatoes you can finely chop them and add.
- You can a grind few coriander leaves along with pepper, cumin and curry leaves.