Ginger thogayal | inji thuvaiyal is a south indian variety of chutney variety, generally served with plain hot rice and ghee. This inji thuvaiyal is a perfect one which aids in digestion after all these diwali sweets and deep fried snacks. A perfect recipe which can be a best accompaniment for rice, idli, dosa or even chapathi too. Also i wanted to thank all you for the overwhelming support for the diwali recipes. I will continue to give my best in all my recipes. Try this easy thogayal |thuvaiyal at home and let me know how it turned out. Check out my thengai thogayal recipe and Peerkangai thuvaiyal.
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 Mins |Serves: 2-3
Ginger | inji|adrak 3-4 tblsp (chopped)
Urad dal 1 tblsp
Tamarind a small piece
Red chili 2
Curry leaves few
Salt as needed
Oil 2 tsp
Coconut 1 tblsp (optional)
Asafoetida 2 pinches
- In a pan add 1 tsp of oil and add in the urad dal ad red chili.
- Once the urad dal starts changing its colour, add the tamarind and curry leaves.
- Cook till the dal turns golden colour.
- Keep it aside.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and add the chopped ginger.
- Saute in low flame for a minute.
- Put everything in a mixer along with coconut, asafoetida and salt. Grind this without adding much water.
- Ginger thogayal | Inji thuvaiyal is ready.
- Keep it refrigerated till you use.
- You can add channa dal instead of urad dal.
- You can add coriander leaves or mint leaves instead of curry leaves.
- This can be made like a chutney by adding more water.
- If making chutney, in the last temper with mustard seeds in little oil.
- Adding coconut is optional, you can skip that too.
I love your blog and recipes. I’ll try out this recipe for sure.
Made this today with lemon rice… Tasted awesome..