Pasta sauce – Red sauce and white sauce -Recipe with video
The very first time I was introduced to pasta by a friend after coming to Singapore 4 years back. When she was talking to me, she was telling that she made pasta for dinner and when i asked about her the recipe she told that she always makes with store bought pasta sauce. So i followed the same way and made for kids and they liked that very much. Now after few years I am so bored with this store bought pasta sauce and wanted to make on my own. The tomato based sauce i learnt from a friend and for the white sauce i followed the recipe from Tarla Dalal.
Check out how i made veg pasta recipe using this home made pasta sauce recipe.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Yields: 1 and 1/4 cup
Garlic 4 cloves
Green chili 1
Red chili powder 1 tsp (reduce if you want less spicy)
Ajwain | Omam 1/2 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt as needed
Olive oil 2 tblsp
Oregano | Italian seasoning 1/2 tsp
Video on how to make pasta sauce (both sauce)
- Chop the onions and tomatoes roughly and peel the skin of the garlic.
- In a pan, add a tblsp of oil to this and add the garlic, onion and green chilli to this and saute for few minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes to this and saute nicely in a medium flame till the tomatoes shrink nicely.
- Add ajwain seeds, salt, redchilli powder,sugar and tomato ketchup.
- Allow this to cool completely and grind into a fine paste.
- When done, again add oil in the pan and add the ground tomato paste to the this and add the oregano powder and saute this in a medium flame for 5 minutes stirring in between.
- Allow this to cool and store it in a airtight container and can be stored in the fridge for a week.
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Yields: 1 cup
Butter 1 tblsp
Garlic 1 tblsp (finely chopped)
Maida or millet flour 2 tsp
Low fat milk 2 cups
Oregano 1/2 tsp
Black pepper 1 tsp
Red chili flakes as needed
Grated cheese 1 tblsp
Salt as needed
- In a pan add the butter and add the finely chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add the plain flour or millet flour and saute for a very few seconds.
- Add milk to this and whisk it well.
- Stir well not to form any lumps.
- Keep it in a medium flame and stir well till it thickens.
- Once done add oregano powder, pepper powder and red chilli flakes.
- Mix it well and let this boil to get a saucy consistency.
- Add grated cheese to this.
- Mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Add salt to this.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator for a week.
- For both the pasta sauce recipes i added spices as per my preference, as we all want it bit spicy.
- You can reduce a little bit if you want it less spicy.