Pani poori , puris is the one which i was thinking to post for a long time. When i made masala poorislast week, i used the store bought puris , as i was running out of time and added to that kiddos were at home as they have holidays. Today finally the school reopened after 2 weeks break and i tried out this cute little puris and they turned out super perfect.
INGREDIENTS: [MAKES 35- 40 PURIS]
|SEMOLINA | RAVA |SOOJI||1/2 CUP|
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR |MAIDA||2 TBLSP|
|WATER||3- 4 TBLSP|
|BAKING SODA||A PINCH|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- In a wide bowl, add sooji, maida, baking soda, salt and mix together.
- Add water little by little to make a stiff dough.
- Cover and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Take a small lemon sized dough and thinly roll into rotis applying oil on the rolling pin and the counter top(if you are rolling on the counter top, else on the surface where you are rolling)
- Cut this into small rounds with the help of a cookie cutter or a small lid.
- Heat the oil for deep frying and put the small round discs into this and deep fry them on both sides.
- the oil should be hot, else pooris will not puff.
- Do not over load the frying pan.
- Take out from the oil and drain it on the kitchen towel.
- Store it airtight containers.
- While frying always ensure that the oil is very hot.
- You can add plain soda water instead of water for kneading the dough, which will give more crispier pooris. My pooris were crispier too.
Stay tuned for the interesting MASALA POORI recipe coming soon.
I always wanted to make and post these…somehow never manged…has turned outso perfect.good one
Wow cute and perfect poris,will try soon…
Cute crispy poori's!!!
can I use normal wheat flour in this recipe?will it work?
Only wheat flour will not make it crispy. But you can try replacing maida with whole wheat flour. But i haven't tried it.
Perfectly done. will try soon
Hudson Canola Oil Giveaway
I like your blog and the amazing clicks .I have just started following you and it would be highly encouraging if you may follow my blog too.
Perfectly made…..so crispy…m craving for pani poori now..
I want reciepe for pani as well
Can you make them bigger? Will they be as crispy? I like your blog layout.
Lovely pani pooris
perfect cute lill puris..kids wil love it for sure..they luk so adorable.
Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
Lovely Jeyashri…looks better than the store bought ones…
perfectly done poori….luv it….it's in my to do list frm years…. :)luv the clicks..
"Healthy Recipe Substitution" HRS EVENT Mar 20th to May 20th
Super puffy pani puris..
Awesome . Perfect pani puri. First time your blog am following u .Glad if u will follow me back.
Hats off to your patience in making these lil beauties Jeyashri
Pooris look perfect,all crispy and yumm..
wow looks awesome, stunning clicks dear:)
wow lovely cute panipoori… looks super crisp…
Tried it once. Did not get it right. So it was store bought puris for me. These here look lovely, sorely tempted to try again…
thats my long time wish too jey ! cutea iruku !
it looks super…next recipe i guess will be pani puri.
poori looks crispy and perfect…
super cute and super perfect… crispy and crunchy puri!!!
Ongoing Event – Healthy Foods for Healthy kids – Italian Dishes (w Giveaway)
Ongoing Event – Celebrate – Summer
Ongoing Event – Bake Fest
Poori look too good this is one item my kids love to their core 🙂
poori looks perfect, better than store brought ones..
Crispy and perfect pooris
Can we have the recipe of pani too, to go with the pooris
Will post soon
Thanks for your recipe. I have few questions to ask you,
1. How much rava we have to add for 1/2 K.G. maida?
2. How can we get the poori fully puffy?
Hello mam am your great fan and tried most recipes.. Today eve i ve tried panj puri.. I dont know where i did mistake. My puri came puffy but its not crispy. Its just like an ordinary puri. Pls help me to sort out my problem..
thanks for trying the recipes.
The oil should be hot while frying else the pooris will not be crispy.
The rava should be more and the maida flour.
How long can we keep it store? TIA
You can keep it for 10 days in an airtight container
Hello Madam , Which kind of Rava i can use…Roasted or Unroasted
Hi, both will turn out good