Masala puri chaat recipe with step by step pictures, it is a popular Bangalore style chaat made using dried peas. This masala poori was introduced by my friend who makes this often for her daughter. The day when she told about this masala puri chaat, i wanted to try it out . She shared the recipe with me too. I tried this on the very next day when Nags and Raks visited my place, in fact i took a chance and tried for the first time. It came out very well and we all enjoyed it along with Khaman Dhokla. So as promised in my Home made pani puri post, i am sharing the recipe of masala puri chaat recipe.
- Recipe Cusine: Indian
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- Author: Jeyashri
- Recipe Category: Snack | Dinner
- Description: Masala puri chaat recipe with step by step pictures, it is a popular Bangalore style chaat made using dried peas
Dried green peas 1 cup
Sweet chutney 2 tblsp
Green chutney 2 tblsp
Green chilli 2-3
Coriander leaves 1/4 cup
Cumin powder 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Chaat masala 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Pani puri Pooris as needed
Coriander leaves few to garnish
Sev to garnish
Method with step by step pictures :
- Soak the dry green peas for 8 hours or over night. Pressure cook this by adding little salt till 3 whistles.
- Take out 1/4 cup of cooked peas and grind the rest of the peas into a smooth paste along with coriander leaves and green chilli.
- In a pan add oil and add the ground green peas puree to this and saute in a low flame for a few minutes.
- Add little water to this and add the red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder , chaat masala and little salt.
- Mix this well and let it come to nice boil . This will take 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Now let us arrange the masala puri chaat for serving.
- Break the pani puris and put it on a bowl or plate.
- Add the green peas masala puree to this. Add 3-4 tblsp of this masala.
- Add 1-2 tsp of the green peas which we reserved after cooking the green peas.
- Add the sweet chutney and green chutney .
- Add the finely chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Garnish with Sev and coriander leaves.
- If you don’t have puris at home you can try with Papadis.
- The original recipe which my friend told includes the addition of yogurt, but i didn’t add.
- If adding yogurt,add a tblsp after adding the cooked whole green peas.
Looks super tempting and I loved it a lot when you made it that day when we came home 🙂 Thanks for sharing recipe 🙂
lovely presentation in the cute little bowl..yummy!
Yummo!You are on a chaat spree!
delicious recipe!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe… love the cups in which u have served them…
Ongoing Event – Healthy Foods for Healthy kids – Italian Dishes (w Giveaway)
Ongoing Event – Celebrate – Summer
Ongoing Event – Bake Fest
Wow looks sooo tempting
Event: Dish name starts with R till April 15th and a giveaway
Yummy!!!!! Frozen peas can be used too? Think will make this recipe this sunday for a potluck with friends 🙂
Not sure whether you can use frozen peas. But i think u can try
making me hungry now 🙂 nice clicks..
Its badly tempting me now 🙁 Fab clicks…
looks very tempting
Love to finish that tempting masala poori.
I am a big chaat fan and this looks so yum …2nd pic is very tempting ..
looks really delicious J, perfect for afternoon snack:-)
Looks delicious..a new chaat recipe..will make it for my kiddo sometime..
wow super tempting chaat,i will invite myself to grab this:)
Chat looks superb, perfect evening snack and in a way healthy too..
Love your blog! I'm happy to follow you, you can visit my blog when you find time 🙂
Looks super tasty …
Looks super good and like the second sharp picture. Never tried tasting it with ground peas. would like to try it…
Very tempting chat recipe and nice post.
looks super yumm .. lovely click 🙂
Wow wonderful and colourful chat ,,,lovely presentation&complete receipe with making puri post…thanks alot sharing…
Looks so tempting, nice clicks
nice clicks, looks delicious..
Looks super good. Would love to have one cup right now !!
Love masala poori. will try soon
Hudson Canola Giveaway
Looks so delicious…and lovely presentation..
wow chaat looks very inviting….but quite hectic steps…
tasted it, loved it! 🙂
OMG…drooling here….my fav chat anytime, looks yum. nice clicks too
Made this recently..its yummy and gr8 recipe
loved it, especially the smashed peas gravy
Apart from the recipe, what I like is the photographs ! They are very sharp and crispy ! Do you mind telling what type of lens was used to photograph that?
Thank you so much. I use Canon EOS 1000D with 50mm lens.I have mentioned about this in my "About ME" page too. Thanks for the nice words
i tried it with frozen peas. It came out really nice 🙂
Oh great to know that. frozen peas will be very handy
Can I try d same with dried yellow peas?
I have never tried with yellow peas. But you try. I think will come out good
Tried n it came out really well…extremely happy…