I have already posted Sabudana kichidi here, this is a version of south indian version of sago upma. I have given thsi recipe for Kungumam thozi last year themed No onion no garlic recipes . This upma can be made so easily and a pacca bachelor recipe too. If the sago is soaked prior then the upma will be ready in 15 minutes. Last week i made this for me and my hubby for breakfast and clicked too. So sharing today the recipe of javarisi upma. Check out my sabudana vada too.
Preparation Time : 10 mins + 3 hours soaking | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 2
Javarisi | sago 1 cup
Oil 3 tsp
Peanuts 2 tsp
Mustard 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Carrot little (optional)
Lemon juice 1 tsp
Green chili 1-2
Salt as needed
Curry leaves few
- Wash the javarisi | sago nicely and soak it in little water , just to immerse it, for 1 hour. Later drain the water and keep it in a colander. Sprinkle little water and keep it overed for 2 hours.
- You can skip this step but this will be perfect .
- Mix the turmeric powder with this soaked sago, so that while cooking it will be evenly mixed.
- In a pan add oil and mustard seeds, peanuts and chopped green chilis.
- Add the finely chopped carrots(if adding). Even adding peanuts is optinal but i love to add in upmas.
- Add the soaked and drained sago to this and cook in a very low flame.
- Add salt to this.
- Cook for 5 minutes in a low flame without getting it burnt. The sago will turn glossy. Be careful not to form it into a lumpy mass.
- Switch off the flame and add the lemon juice to this. Mix well. Add curry leaves.
- Serve this always hot, else it will become soggy.
- Do not soak the sago in more water , this will make the upma soggy.
- Overnight soaking is also ok. ensure you add less water only.
- You can add finely chopped capsicum also if you want.
- Peanuts can be replaced with cashewnuts too.
lovely recipe …visit my page too
yumm…. nice color..