Easy to make restaurant style Kashmiri pulao with step by step pictures
Kashmiri pulao is unlike the normal pulao recipes will not be spicy. Even when we go to restaurants also we never order this kashimir pulao as it will be slightly sweet. But i have tasted this in parties and buffets. This recipe was asked by a reader of mine and i tried this in a restaurant last weekend and somehow incorporated the same taste at home. A friend of mine also gave me few tips on the recipe of Kashmiri pulao.
This kashmiri pulao can be had with spicy curry especially with Paneer based gravies.
INGREDIENTS: (SERVES 4)
|BASMATHI RICE||1 AND 1/2 CUPS|
|CASHEW NUTS||2 TBLSP|
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 20 minutes.
- In a heavy bottomed deep pan, add ghee (reserve 1-2 tsp for roasting the nuts)and add the whole spices (mace,cloves and cardamom) and add sugar.
- Add in the soaked rice to this (keeping the water aside).
- Saute well, without changing the colour.
- Soak the saffron in a tblsp of warm milk.
- Add the water and milk to the rice. Add 3/4 th of the saffron mixture.
- Add salt and cook this in a medium low flame.
- Once the rice is cooked fluff it with fork and add the remaining saffron milk mixture.
- In a small pan add ghee and roast the raisins and cashew nuts.
- thinly slice the onions and fry them till golden brown and add to the rice.
- Lastly add the pomegranate seeds and gently mix everything.
- Kashmiri pulao is ready to serve.
- You can add finely chopped pineapple or grapes to this.
- Do not reheat after adding fruits.
- If you want to make it very rich you can add cream instead of water while cooking.(just replace 1/2 cup of cream for 1/2 cup of water). do not add too much else it will be very heavy and u cannot even eat more than 4-5 spoons.
Hi Jeyashri, Thanks for one more fantastic recipe. I have tried some of your traditional Tambrahm recipes and in all cases they turned out really well.
Its great to have someone chronicle simple home cooking the way you do and help preserve some these culinary treasures. Way to Go!!!!!
Thank u anjana. Thanks for your wishes and keep trying the recipes
thank you dear friend, im very fond of Kashmiri Palav, thanks for your lovely posting 🙂 <3
Looks Perfect. Very Health option for kids
Such a fanastic rice recipe!!! the pomogranete looks so cute and adds so much elegance to this beautiful pulao!!!
Ongoing Event – CWF – Whole Wheat Flour
Ongoing Event – Eggless Bakes and Treats
Nice recipe. I too have in archive .. Pretty cliks 🙂
Flavorful pulao Jeyashri. Lovely color
I've always wanted to try Kashmiri pulao. lovely presentation! 🙂
my favourite rice .. So lovely presentation
Nice n colorful pulao..love it with spicy gravies
Wow delicious puloa with super duper clicks 🙂
Today's Special – Baked Egg Bonda | Spicy Egg Muffns
lovely pulao… yummy…
lovely looks delicious
i am not a fan of mixing spicy and sweet but must admit this is one pretty pulao!
i have never tried though i have tasted it ! its so colourful jey
OMG ! i cant take away my eyes from ur pic Jey 🙁 Its soooooooo attractive and perfect rice…
Yup me too! Can't take my eyes off these gorgeous shots!!! Irresistibe pulao 😉
sweet spicy and yummy.. albeit a lil calorie loaded, who cares?? I can eat it and stuff up till my neck!
gorgeous rice.. very richhy looking too..
awesome pulao… will try soon…
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
Looks so pretty n yum
yummy pulov,luks so colorful…
nice presentation.. pulao looks too good..
Nice recipe and wonderful presentation…
Beautiful and a very attractive pulao, loving it.
I know sweet pulao can put you off, but you have made it and presented it so well, one feels like making it immediately.
Join EP event-Garlic OR Turmeric @ Spice n Flavors
The pictures are awesome, especially the colors in it, excellent presentation..
Tasted only in hotels. In Hotchips once I ordered but was not able to finish it as they added more fruits in it. I liked your version and thought of giving a try. looks colourful.
really like the unique flavoring this pulao…ohh full of dry fruits and pomegranate
Having some pomegranate in my fridge..shall try this over the week end! Thanks for the recipe..looks colourful and yummy!
what is the ratio for one cup basmati rice.n for 2 cups too.thanks
Renu couldn't understand ur query??
Not a big fan of this sweet pulao esp with fruits but hubby loves it….beautiful colorful pics!
love the colorful dish….am sure my family is going to love this…am trying this today
Not a big fan of this, but loved the colourful pics
So flavorful,,.like he new headr
sorry for the delay…i need to know we have to add in proportion water n milk…becos for basmati rice….less water s needed….or can i add more milk n reduce water.thanks.
The proportion rice to water is 1 : 1 and 1/4 cup. If you are adding 3/4 cup of milk for 1 cup of rice, then add 1/2 cup of water. Hope it cleared your doubt. Need any clarification feel free to ask
hi jeya.. I already tried this at home. It will be awesome if we add pineapple, apple and grapes. we can make it little bit spicy by adding cooked paste of green chillies, ginger, garlic and masala.