Lemon rice is a simple recipe which i rarely make make at home but will be very handy for lunch box on weekday mornings when i get up little late and running out of time. We make this for Kannum pongal and Aadi 18 too along with other rice varieties. Here is my version of Lemon rice.
|COOKED RICE(RAW RICE)||1/2 CUP|
|LEMON JUICE||1 TBLSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|CHANNA DAL||1 TSP|
|URAD DAL||1 TSP|
|ROASTED GRAM||1/2 TBLSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
- Cook the rice into separate grains and allow it to cool completely by spreading it in a wide plate.Add salt to this. In a pan, add chopped green chilli,ginger, urad dal, channa dal ,roasted gram and cashew nuts. Keep it in a low flame and let the dals get golden brown color.
- Add the mustard seeds now and when it crackles add the turmeric powder. Switch off the flame and add it to rice.
- Add lemon juice and mix well. check for salt. Serve with papad, vadam or with Mor kuzhambhu as my mom does.
- I used sona masoori rice, you can even use basmathi rice.
- The quantity of lemon juice depends on the tanginess of the juice and according to your taste buds too.
- You can add grated carrots in the last to make it healthier.
looks superb…happy pongal
Happy Pongal to you and your family.
happy pongal jey ! cup super :)and so as Photo!
Great & gorgeous looking recipe… Have a nice day. Happy Pongal & Sankranti.
Pongal vazhthukkal jeyashri! Lemon rice looks delicious!
Looks Yummy. I like lemon rice the most when it has peanuts in it. Happy Pongal to you and your family Jeyashri.
Love this especially with all those nuts..
inviting lemon rice…and nice clicks…
"Healthy Recipe Substitution" HRS EVENT Dec 20th to Mar 20th
SYF&HWS – Cook With SPICES" Series
South Indian Cooking
Serve me this lemon rice with spicy potato roast, i can have it even daily..lovely clicks.
my kids favourite lunch item.. So simple and easy one
Iniya Pongal NalVazhthukkal !! one of my fav rice recipe, looks so yumm!
love this tangy rice always,yummy lunch box idea..Love the clicks too!
Join EP event-Nutmeg OR Parsley @ Chef Mireille's Global Creations
Happy Pongal Jeyashri,
Lemon rice and mor kuzhambu is a new combo..sounds interesting…Nice clicks
Happy Pongal! That Lemon rice looks delicious!
Tangy yummy rice…Lovely clicks..
its my favorite recipe…umm yummy….
My favorite 🙂 Kinnam so cute 🙂
Looks so good that I want to grab it immediately 🙂
Can I know where you buy sona masoori rice in Singapore. I tried many Indian shops in little India but could not find. Hope you can help me.
I buy either from Abdul rahim stores in upper dickson road or from Karthiga stores in Buffaloa road. Even u can get in Lavan agro veg stores (opp to mustafa) near raj restaurant.
the recipe is looking amazing…thanks for sharing it..
lemon rice recipe
Nice when the color is changing. By Cookscape
Ms.Jeyashri….Under the heading "METHOD " You have forgotten to mention when to put the 3/4 TBLSP oil whioh is in the ingredients list…