BROCCOLI RICE IN INDIAN STYLE
Broccoli though very healthy i buy this very rarely as kids will not prefer to eat this. I normally make a Broccoli Soup or Broccoli stir fry but this wanted to try a rice recipe with broccoli and made a Indian style Broccoli rice . This is almost similar to my recipe of capsicum rice. Me and my hubby enjoyed this broccoli rice and some how kids also had a little. You can make this for lunch box too as this can be done in a jiffy.
INGREDIENTS:(Serves 2-3 )
|BROCCOLI FLORETS||3/4 CUP|
|BASMATI RICE||3/4 CUP|
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||3/4 TSP|
|SAMBAR POWDER||1 AND 1/2 TSP (can replace with red chilli powder too)|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
- Wash the broccoli florets and keep it aside.
- Thinly slice the onions,
- Wash and soak the rice in 1 and 1/2 cup of water and pressure cook this with little salt and a drop of oil for 3 whistles
- Fluff the rice with fork and allow it to cool by spreading it in a wide plate.
- In a pan add oil and add in the ginger garlic paste. Saute in a low flame till the raw smell goes.
- Add the thinly sliced onions and saute till they turns into nice golden brown colour.
- Now add the broccoli florets and add the sambar powder,turmeric powder, garam masala and salt.
- Saute in a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes till the raw smell of the masala powder goes off. The broccoli should be crunchy.
- Switch off the flame and add this mixture to the rice.
- Gently mix it well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with any raitha of your choice.
- You can add chopped capsicum or green peas to the rice . If adding , add after the addition of broccoli.
- 1-2 tblsp of chopped mint leaves can be added in the beginning to enhance the flavor.
- You can add peanuts after the ginger garlic paste is done.
Very healthy n flavorful rice
wow..so well prepare Jeyashree…love the beautiful clicks.very healthy and love the colour.
Love broccoli in any form, this rice sure sounds quick, healthy n delicious…for lunch box too!
Very healthy meal…delicious…
Sounds different and healthy one pot meal.
its handy know? well presented !
Nice twist with Broccoli! Healthy meal!
very nice and easy recipe with broccoli…. but how abt the taste?
Taste was very good. Since we add GG paste and Garam masala broccoli rice willnot emit any smell
Healthy meal with simple ingredients!!!
my kids are big fan of broccoli..that's one vegetable that I don't eat.. still trying to find a way to include this as part of the diet.. this worth trying! sure my kids will be happy
considering the health benefits, i'd say this is a great way of incorporating broccoli into our diet.
Looks very yum …I have something same in my draft
Never tried this before,, thxs for sharing..looks nice & yummy..
Healthy and delicious recipe jeya 🙂
Sounds easy n healthy 🙂
Healthy and delicious looking rice dear
sounds too interesting.. will give a try..
Glad to follow u 🙂
Looks so good, healthy one pot meal..
Omg, wat a super tempting rice.
Healthy rice, wat a better way to sneak this antioxydant rich veggie.
Healthy and easy way to pack quick lunch box menu…Nice way….Tempting one…
Simple and easy to make healthy rice. Looks delicious. Broccoli is my daughter's favorite. Must try this sometime for her..
Nice variation rice…looks absolutely tempting!
Ultimate one pot meal. Very tasty and was totally surprised. Didn't expect it to turn out this tasty. We easy to make and worth trying. We cherished it. Thank you very much!!!
Tried for my son's lunch, came out well and so tasty. Thanks jeyashri