Maida-rava sweet paniyaram is a highly addictive sweet recipe and quite easy to make too. I had tasted this in a friend’s place 2 years back during navaratri. I suddenly remembered of that and tried this at home. It turned out super awesome and it is quite addictive sweet too. A tasty and different sweet recipe to try for navaratri. Definitely this sweet paniayaram will be a super hit among your guests too. Check out my other Navaratri recipes
- Soak rava in little water for 30 minutes.There should not be any water floating on the top. If so, drain it.
- After that add the maida , sugar and the baking soda to this.
- Add little water to this and mix it to a idli batter consistency. Ensure not to add more water. Just slowly add water.
- The batter should be in dropping consistency.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Heat oil for deep frying.
- When the oil is hot add the batter with a spoon.Cook in a medium flame on both sides till golden brown.
- Drain it in a kitchen towel. Repeat this for the rest of the batter.
- The paniyarams were very crispy outside and very soft inside.
- The sweet level was perfect, if you want more sweet add 1-2 tblsp extra sugar.
- Do not add more water, let it be like a vada batter.
- Always fry in a medium low flame.
- If it is more watery, it will disintegrate after putting in oil.
- You can add little maida if it turns watery.
- You can add a small banana to the batter to make it more softer.
- Do not add more baking soda than the quantity mentioned.