For my friend’s in Singapore, one of my friend is having a farm in India and she has started an online site for selling mangoes. You get nice hand picked fresh mangoes at affordable prices. Please visit MINISTRY OF MANGOZ to get your mangoes. ( This is not a paid or sponsored post)
If you want to follow the easy method , just grind all the ingredients in the mixer and pour them into popsicle mould and freeze it.
I wanted layered popsicle and so i mixed cocoa powder , half of the sugar and half of the milk separately and mixed mango pulp , other half of sugar and half portion of milk together and layered in the moulds to get a nice effect.
Here is how i made it.
- Peel the skin of mangoes and cut them into slices. Discard the seed.
- Grind this along with sugar and keep it separately. If it is too thick add 1/4 cup of water.
- Whip up the cocoa powder with half portion of milk and sugar.
- Wash the moulds and keep them ready. pour one layer of mango mixture to the moulds. Then pour the chocolate mixture to this and again add the mango mixture.
- I used the ice cream sticks , if you don’t have just close them with the lids which will come with the popsicle mould.
- Cover this with a cling wrap or aluminium foil.
- Freeze this for 7-8 hours or over night.
- Once done, run this on water and slowly take out the popsicle from the mould. do not pull the stick fast. Gently pull it out and enjoy the mango popsicles.
- My kids really enjoyed it. You can even engage the kids during this summer holidays by asking their assistance to make the popsicle .
- Do not add cocoa powder more than the mentioned quantity. It will taste bitter.
- You can add store bought chocolate milk too.
- You can add few mango bits to make it interesting.
- You can add milo or bournivita or any chocolate health drink instead of cocoa powder.