Stay tuned for few sweet recipes coming up using milk masala powder.
Preparation Time : 1 min | Cooking Time : nil |Yields: 1/3 cup
Almonds | badam 20
Cardamom | elakkai 6
Saffron 2 generous pinch
Sugar 2 tsp (optional)
Video of how to make Milk masala
- Bring all the nuts to room temperature, if you have kept them in the refrigerator.
- Put everything in the mixer and pulse it to make a coarse powder.
- I didn’t add sugar. If adding sugar add.
- Milk masala is ready.
- Store this in a airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You can use this for payasam| kheer. Even it goes very well with sheera | kesari.
- You can add milk masala in most of the Indian sweets.
- A pinch of nutmeg and fennel seeds can also be added.
- Always use the nuts after it comes to room temperature, in case if it is in the freezer.
- If you want you can dry roast the nuts for 5 minutes. Do not roast the saffron.
- Make the milk masala powder little coarse.
- Keep the milk masala in a airtight container.