Check out my other kesari recipe with video
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 4-5
Sooji| Rava 1/2 cup
Fresh Mango pulp 1/2 cup
Milk 1 and 1/2 cup
Milk masala or cardamom powder 1 tsp
Sugar 1/2 cup
Ghee 3-4 tblsp
Cashew nuts few
Salt a pinch
- In a pan add 1 tblsp of ghee and roast the cashew nuts. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan add 1 tblsp of ghee and add the sooji|rava to this.
- Roast till it turns slight golden colour. Be careful not to burn this.
- Boil the milk and add it to the roasted rava.
- Be careful as it may splutter. Better switch off the gas and add the milk.
- Do not worry if the mixture is watery, the rava will absorb the milk once it is completely cooked.
- Keep the flame low. Let the rava gets cooked completely.
- Also the milk also gets absorbed.
- Add sugar to this.
- Mix well. It will again loosen up. After few minutes it be ok.
- Keep cooking it on a low flame.
- Add the milk masala to this. If not using milk masala add cardamom powder to this.
- Add 1 -2 tblsp of ghee to this.
- Add the mango pulp to this. I used fresh mango pulp for this mango sheera.
- Mix well. My mango pulp was slightly coarsely ground and so it could find mango bits in the kesari.
- Mix well evenly. Add 1 tblsp of ghee.
- Add the pinch of salt. For any sweets adding a pinch of salt brings out a best taste.
- Cook for 2 minutes in low flame. If needed add few more tsp of ghee to give a nice glaze.
- Add the roasted cashew nuts.
- Serve warm or hot.
- Instead of milk you can add water like how we do for kesari.
- Always use fresh mango pulp for best results.
- The kesari won’t get curdled after adding the mango pulp, so do not worry.
- You can add fresh mango bits to the kesari while cooking the rava with milk.
- I used alphonso mangoes, you can use any variety of mango for this mango sheera | mango kesari.