Summer is in peak and many of us wanted to make the food simple and quickly come out of the kitchen. I have given this mixed bean salad recipe for kungumam thozi last year. Though i clicked step wise also while making this salad forgot about that. Today i wanted to post something simple as i was running out of time. While checking the pictures in laptop saw this mixed bean salad. Though it will be perfect for this summer. It tasted very well too and i have made it few times at home too. Diet watchers can have this healthy filling salad . I served with tacos which tasted like a mixed bean tacos.
Preparation Time : 15 mins + soaking time 10 hours| Cooking Time : Nil|Serves: 2-3
Mixed Beans* 3/4 cup
Green chili 1/2
Lemon juice 1 tsp
Pepper powder to taste
Salt to taste
Capsicum |Bell pepper 1/2 ( i used green and yellow)
*Rajma , peanuts , black channa and white chole
- Soak the mixed beans in sufficient water for 10-12 hours. Pressure cook by adding little salt and drain the water and keep it aside. If you want you can keep it in the refrigerator too.
- Cut the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds.Chop the tomatoes finely.
- Add finely chopped green chili and pepper powder to this.
- Mix the tomato salsa with the cooked bean and add lemon juice, finely chopped capsicum |bell pepper.
- Mixed bean salsa is ready.
- You can add finely chopped raw mango, cucumber, carrot to this salad.
- If you do not want green chili just omit that.