Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Mixed Vegetables* 1 cup
Coconut 2 tblsp
Green chili 1-2
Sombu | fennel seeds 1 tsp
Fried gram | pottukadalai 1 tsp
Cashew nuts 7 (optional)
Curry leaves few
Oil 3 tsp
- Parboil the vegetables(i used carrot,beans,potato and frozen peas and microwaved them).
- Chop the onion and tomatoes.Slit one green chilli.
- In a kadai,add a tsp of oil and temper with 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the green chilli,onion and tomato one by one.
- When it is done add a little water and cook for few minutes.
- Grind the coconut,one green chilli ,fried gram,1/2 tblsp fennelseeds and cashewnuts(if using) into a fine paste.
- Add the vegetables,ground paste to the onion,tomato mix.
- Check for salt.
- Mix well.
We enjoyed this with rotis.
- You can make the entire process in pressure cooker.
- Add the ground paste and add the raw veggies and add enough water and pressure cook for 1-2 whistles. Vegetable kurma is ready.