Now-a-days we started including mushrooms twice a month , as they say it is very good source of protein. Generally i make Mushroom Masala or Kadai Mushroom . So i wanted to try something different this time and made this mushroom pepper fry. For a change i made a dry subzi in chettinad style with freshly ground spices. The pepper fry was very nice and it tasted well with rasam rice.
- Ground the black pepper, coriander seeds, fennel seeds and cumin seeds using a mortar and pestle.
- Add the onions to the oil and saute till they become translucent. Add in the mushrooms, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and cook in a low flame.
- Add the freshly ground spices to this and mix well. No need to add water while cooking.
- The mushroom tends to ooze out water . This will get cooked very fast also.
- Cook for 2 minutes till the water evaporates. Switch off the flame and serve hot with rice or roti.
- You can add fennel powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder and pepper powder instead of grinding this .
- But using freshly ground spices will give a great aroma to the mushroom masala.