Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins |Serves: 3
White button Mushrooms 12
Basmati Rice 1 cup
Mint leaves few
Coriander leaves few
Green chili 2
Sugar a pinch
Butter 1-2 tblsp
Salt to taste
Lemon juice few drops
Method with step wise pictures:
- Soak the basmathi rice in 1 and 1/2 cups of water for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes drain the water (keep the water aside) and in a pressure cooker add butter and add the cardamom and add in the drained rice. Saute for few minutes till all the moisture in the rice leaves out.
- Add the water.
- Add salt and few drops of lemon juice ( lemon juice is added to retain the white color of the rice and it wont give any sour taste to the rice) .Cook the rice till 2 –3 whistles.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and onions after washing it nicely.
- In a pan add little butter and add in the onions. Add little salt and saute them till they turn pink.
- Add the thinly sliced mushrooms. Mushrooms tend to cook fast and so saute for a while and mushroom oozes out water too.
- Finley make a paste of coriander leaves , mint leaves and green chilli.
- In the pan add little butter and add this paste and add a pinch of sugar. Sugar is added to retain the green colour.
- Add this to the rice.
- Mix this gently and evenly.
- Mushroom pulao is ready to serve. We had with Cauliflower masala.
- This is a perfect recipe for kids lunch box.
- You can make the same with vegetables.
- Always ensure that the veggies should be crunchy. Do not over cook the veggies.
- Mushroom pulao tastes great with paneer gravy too.