Oats pottukadalai murukku is a quite interesting murukku which i came across in Priya’s blog. It is very simple and easy murukku. the original recipe has added coconut milk instead of water to make the dough. Since i have already posted Thengai paal murukku for diwali, last year, ithought i will add water only. It turned out very well crispy and for a change you can try murukku with Oats and pottukadalai. Stay tuned for more diwali recipes coming up on Jeyashri’s kitchen . Visit Jeyashri’s kitchen facebook page for updates.
Check out other murukku recipes
- Dry roast the oats for few minutes and make a fine powder. Be careful as oats gets burnt very fast.
- Powder the pottukadalai too.
- In a wide bowl, add the rice flour, oats flour,pottukadalai flour,salt, asafoetida, butter,cumin seeds,sesame seeds and hot oil.
- Add water and make this into a soft pliable dough.
- Using any murukku press of your choice make murukkus in hot oil. I used thenkuzhal achu.
- Cook on both sides till the oil sound subsides.
- Drain excess oil in a kitchen towel. Store in a airtight container.
- This murukku taste so crispy and was very flavourful too.